I posted this before on my Tumblr awhile back, but I’ve edited it a bit and am now posting it here.
I’ve made a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. I turn 30 in 1 year 12 weeks and 5 days. All of these goals are measurable, achievable, specific, and realistic. They also all have breakdowns of the ways in which I hope to accomplish them. I think it’s totally doable, right?!
1. Learn Korean
2. Go to England
3. Meet Patrick Stewart
4. Get in shape enough to join a masters synchro team
5. Get my masters in something
6. Have Scarlett learn my name as soon as possible
7. Make a video that’s longer than 7 minutes
8. See Big Bang
9. Finish writing a story
10. Do the splits
11. Get more tattoos Done!
12. Dye my hair a fun colour Done!
13. Paint a series of paintings
14. Publish an article with a publication I respect
15. Start a magazine/make a clothing line (even if only for myself)
16. Have a real world art show
17. Record a song about my cats
18. Go to New Orleans
19. Do 60 lengths in 60 minutes
20. Frame all art
21. Do the Lakeshore trail
22. Go to three MLB ballparks I’ve never been to before
23. Take a photo at every subway station
24. Learn to french braid properly
25. Build a coffee table
26. Go to a Lions game
27. Memorize a poem
28. Create an awesome choreographed dance routine and perform it with people I like
30. Cosplay as a Star Trek character at a convention of some kind
It doesn’t look like I’ve achieved much so far, but I’ve put a lot of plans in action in order to accomplish many of these goals. For example I will be meeting Patrick Stewart at FanExpo in Toronto at the end of August. Big Bang is coming to New Jersey in November and my brother and I are going. Matt and I are planning an MLB ballpark tour and a trip to New Orleans. My first tattoo appointment is August 11. I’m starting my masters application now. I’ll be taking my first Korean language lessons in the fall. So plans are in motion to complete all these goals. The ones I’m having the most difficulty with are the fitness ones, numbers 4, 10, and 19. I’ll get it though. Hopefully!
Except I’m now going to eat some chips and watch some Star Trek. Uh…
Don’t judge me.